Original story ABC News December 8 2020
China has suspended the importation of more Australian beef, this time from Meramist Pty Ltd, the sixth supplier to face such a move in a country that is one of China’s main meat suppliers.
China made the decision on Monday but did not provide a reason.
It has already banned imports from five other Australian beef suppliers this year, citing reasons that have included issues with labelling and health certificates.
Australia’s ties with China — its top trade partner — were already strained.
The relationship has significantly deteriorated since Canberra called for an inquiry into the origins of the coronavirus.
China stopped receiving applications and registration for beef exports from the Meramist plant from December 7, China’s General Administration of Customs said in a notice on its website, without giving a reason.
Mike Eathorne, the general manager of Meramist, told the ABC on Monday night he had only just received the news.
“I was advised five minutes ago and I have been given absolutely no reasons,” he said, adding he could not comment further.
Meramist was one of several abattoirs named last year in an ABC 7.30 investigation involving the slaughter of racehorses. A former worker pleaded guilty to animal cruelty offences in July this year.
In May, China banned imports from four of Australia’s largest meat processors, citing issues with labeling and health certificates.
Well……….China really has their knickers in a twist hey?
Poor little fellas…..It’s so sad to see a child have a tantrum – Go and have a little sleep, you will feel MUCH better.
When you wake up from your sleepy bo-bo’s we can have a chat and you can think logically and not like a 2 year old.
Fucking cock heads.
P.S. China – I don’t eat meat 🙂Vicious World Editorial Team